Kendrick Lamar’s new album was due for release on the 24th March however surprisingly, it was dropped 9 days earlier than expected.
It seems to be musically fashionable now a days to drop albums out of the blue however, it seems that the early release of ‘How To Pimp a Butterfly’ was not planned. The CEO of Top Dawg Entertainment tweeted “I WOULD LIKE 2 PERSONALLY THANK @interscope FOR FUCKING UP OUR RELEASE… SOMEBODY GOTS TO PAY 4 THIS MISTAKE!!!! #TOP”.
Kendrick however was a bit more relaxed about the apparent blunder and tweeted “Keep calm. All is well”.
The new album is the follow up to the critically acclaimed 2012 album ‘Good Kid, M.A.A.D. City’. It includes collaborations with Bilal, Anna Wise, Snoop Dogg, James Fauntleroy, Ronald Isley and Rapsody. Check it out by streaming on Spotify or you can buy it on here from iTunes.
“To Pimp a Butterfly” tracklist
1. Wesley’s Theory (feat. George Clinton & Thundercat)
2. For Free? (Interlude)
3. King Kunta
4. Institutionalized (feat. Bilal, Anna Wise & Snoop Dogg)
5. These Walls (feat. Bilal, Anna Wise & Thundercat)
8. For Sale? (Interlude)
10. Hood Politics
11. How Much a Dollar Cost (feat. James Fauntleroy & Ronald Isley)
12. Complexion (A Zulu Love) [feat. Rapsody]
13. The Blacker the Berry
14. You Ain’t Gotta Lie (Momma Said)
16. Mortal Man